KINGWOOD — The Preston County Health Department reported the third confirmed case of COVID-19 in the county Monday evening.
The department has started an investigation and will be contacting individuals that have had contact with the confirmed positive.
The department stresses to citizens of Preston County how important it is to follow these measures to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- Stay home, only go out for essential items or trips.
- Practice social distancing stay 6 feet away from others.
- Continue illness prevention practices
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding exposure to others who are sick.
- Staying home when you are ill.
For information call DHHR’s COVID-19 information hotline 24/7, toll-free at 1-800-887-4304 or contact Preston County Health Department at 304- 329-0096 or visit our Website at www.prestoncountyhealthdepartment.com