MORGANTOWN — The 2018 Monongalia County Fair opened Tuesday July 31, despite heavy rain in the afternoon and into the evening.
The fair queen was crowned and carnival rides opened.
The parade continues through Saturday Aug. 4.
The admission fee of $10 per person includes parking, exhibits, Gambill amusement rides, live entertainment and motorsports. Children under 1 year are admitted for free.
Admission will be at the gate and only cash is accepted.
- 5 p.m., Fairgrounds open
- 5-9 p.m., Rock Crawl Pit opens.
- 5-10 p.m.,Quilt/Ag Exhibit/Craft Show (Hazel Ruby Building).
- 6 p.m., Carnival opens.
- 6 p.m., Kent Family Circus Show.
- 7 p.m., 4-H & FFA Goat, Sheep and Dairy Showmanship and shows.
- 7-9 p.m., BINGO (Tent on grounds).
- 7:30 p.m., Teen/Junior Miss pageant (Hazel Ruby Building).
- 8:30 p.m., Kent Family Circus.
- 9 p.m., Professor Bubblemaker (Midway).
- 10 p.m., Carnival, fairgrounds close.