Traffic to be altered for 24-36 hours
Traffic patterns are being adjusted for the 300 block of High Street during the next 24-36 hours. The lane restrictions are only temporary due to the GOP debates at the Metropolitan Theater. Traffic will be reduced to one lane during this time frame.
Specialist to meet with residents
Pam Krushansky, a consumer outreach and compliance specialist with the attorney general’s office, will meet with north central residents to discuss consumer-related issues and answer any potential questions. The events are as scheduled below:
- Today: 11 a.m.-noon — Taylor County Senior Center, 52 Trap Road, Grafton
- Wednesday: 10-11 a.m. — Preston County Commission Annex, 106 W. Main St., Kingwood
- Friday: 10:30-11 a.m. — WVU Olli, 5000 Green Bag Road, Morgantown
- Monday: 10:30-11:30 a.m. — Mannington Senior Center, 1 Senior Drive, Mannington
- May 24: 2-3 p.m. — Cheat Lake Library, 121 Crosby Road, Morgantown
The events are open to the public; reservations are not required.
Preston to honor National Day of Prayer
KINGWOOD — The National Day of Prayer will be observed at noon Thursday on the lawn of the Preston County Courthouse. This year’s s theme is “Pray for America – Unity.”
Lady of Agriculture applications open
BRUCETON MILLS — Applications for Lady of Agriculture can be picked up at the Preston High guidance office and the Preston County Extension Office in Kingwood. Applications must be returned by Friday.
Those eligible are young ladies enrolled currently as juniors at PHS. For more information contact Peggy Galloway at 304-379-7812.
Community Yard Sale this Saturday
ARTHURDALE — The Arthurdale Community Yard Sale will be held Saturday. Neighbors will have tables with items for sale at their homes. Arthurdale Heritage will provide free maps at their office at 18 Q Road.