MORGANTOWN — The 69th Annual North Central Region Ham, Bacon and Egg Sale was held Friday at Mylan Park Expo Center.
Students have worked since August producing these products preserving a time-honored tradition. Students exhibited 32 hams, 31 bacons, 16 dozen brown eggs, 11 dozen white eggs, two dozen blue eggs and six dozen green eggs.
Students that participated were from Clay-Battelle, University and Lincoln high schools’ FFA. Kent Saul, CBHS FFA adviser, said, “These students put several hours of hardwork both at their farms and in the agricultural lab. We hope more students become involved it is a great learning opportunity.”
- Grand Champion Ham: Jacob Shriver, Buyer Mike Kelly.
- Grand Champion Bacon: Luke Shriver, Buyer City Plumbing.
- Reserve Champion Ham: Jesse Jolliff, Buyer Miller Engineering
- Reserve Champion Bacon: Tyler Chisler, Buyer Forquer Contracting
- Grand Champion Brown Eggs: Jacob Shriver, Buyer Greg Shriver
- Reserve Champion White Eggs: Kendal Saul Buyer, Chisler Brothers Inc.