The Oak Ridge Boys brought its blend of American country and gospel music to Morgantown Friday for the latest in the Ruby Concert Series at Ruby Amphitheatre.
The vocal quartet originating in Oak Ridge, Tenn., and has had hits like “Elvira,” “American Made” and “Just a Little Talk with Jesus.”
Opening for the Oak Ridge Boys Friday was the Davisson Brothers band.
The series continues with shows on Friday nights through Aug. 25.
The year’s lineup features local, regional and nationally touring artists.
The remaining schedule
- MANIA — The ABBA Tribute with opener Adrian and the Soul Miners, July 14
- Caleb Johnson with opener The Michael Weber Show, July 21
- Thunderstruck — AC/DC Tribute with opener The Jukebox Band, July 28
- Los Lobos with opener Del Castillo, Aug. 4
- Home Free with opener Morgan White, Aug. 11
- Sam Bush with opener Andrew Adkins, Aug. 18
- Smashmouth with opener Motorcycle Drive-By, Aug. 25
There will be food and beverage vendors within walking distance of the amphitheater. Public parking is available at Wharf Street Parking, Pleasant and Chestnut Street Parking, University Avenue and Chestnut Street and Spruce Street Parking.
All concerts are free to attend with opening acts beginning at 6:30 p.m. and headliners taking the stage at 8 p.m. The Aug. 25 performance will conclude with a small fireworks show.
The Ruby Summer Concert Series is presented by the City of Morgantown and the Hazel Ruby McQuain Trust with support from numerous sponsors.
Event listings, park information and more can be found on the Ruby Amphitheater website at rubyampwv.com.