The Ruby Concert Series is in full swing.
On Friday, audiences headed to the Ruby Amphitheatre to take a trip down memory lane with Color Me Badd, a group that had huge hits in the early 90s with “I Wanna Sex You Up,” “All 4 Love” and “I Adore Mi Amor.”
The Heavy Hitter opened the show.
The series continues with shows on Friday nights through Aug. 25.
The year’s lineup features local, regional and nationally touring artists.
The remaining schedule
- Love and Theft with opener Christian Lopez June 16
- Debbie Gibson with opener Holly Forbes June 23
- Oak Ridge Boys with opener The Davisson Brothers July 7
- MANIA — The ABBA Tribute with opener Adrian and the Soul Miners July 14
- Caleb Johnson with opener The Michael Weber Show July 21
- Thunderstruck — AC/DC Tribute with opener The Jukebox Band July 28
- Los Lobos with opener Del Castillo Aug. 4
- Home Free with opener Morgan White Aug. 11
- Sam Bush with opener Andrew Adkins Aug. 18
- Smashmouth with opener Motorcycle Drive-By Aug. 25
There will be food and beverage vendors within walking distance of the amphitheater. Public parking is available at Wharf Street Parking, Pleasant and Chestnut Street Parking, University Avenue and Chestnut Street, and Spruce Street Parking.
“We are thrilled to continue this great concert series and are pleased to be working with both old and new sponsors this year,” said Vincent Kitch, director of the Arts and Cultural Development Department, “The artists are a great combination of genres that provide something for everyone to enjoy, and we are excited to see everyone again this year down by the river for the 2023 lineup.”
All concerts are free to attend with opening acts beginning at 6:30 p.m. and headliners taking the stage at 8 p.m. The Aug. 25 performance will conclude with a small fireworks show.
The Ruby Summer Concert Series is presented by the City of Morgantown and the Hazel Ruby McQuain Trust with support from numerous sponsors.
Event listings, park information and more can be found on the Ruby Amphitheater website at rubyampwv.com.