Bartlett House in Morgantown and North Central WV Community Action in Kingwood are among more than a dozen housing agencies across the state to be awarded money from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to support quality, affordable housing for all West Virginians.
The Bartlett House will receive $355,624, North Central WV Community Action will get while $106,540.
U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, announced Tuesday that $9,755,284 funding will bolster community-based efforts to address homelessness by helping connect vulnerable individuals and families with critical supportive services.
“Every West Virginian deserves a roof over their head and a warm, safe place to sleep at night,” said Manchin. “Thousands of West Virginians and millions of Americans are currently experiencing homelessness, and we must work together to combat this devastating issue. I’m pleased HUD is investing more than $9.7 million to bolster the efforts of housing organizations across our state as they help connect individuals and families currently experiencing homelessness with vital supportive services. I look forward to seeing the positive impacts of these investments and, as a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, I will continue advocating for resources to support a safe and secure living environment for every West Virginian across the Mountain State.”
The HUD Continuum of Care (CoC) Program provides funding to help communities humanely and effectively address homelessness by connecting vulnerable individuals and families to housing, healthcare and additional supportive services.
- $1,815,218 — Huntington West Virginia Housing Authority
- $1,794,699 — West Virginia Coalition to End Homelessness
- $839,199 — Cabell-Huntington Coalition for the Homeless
- $756,403 — Raleigh County Community Action Association
- $551,488 — Telamon Corporation
- $469,186 — Greater Wheeling Coalition for the Homeless
- $445,134 — Task Force on Domestic Violence, HOPE, Inc.
- $444,308 — Clarksburg Housing Authority
- $398,437 — Covenant House
- $355,624 — Bartlett House
- $340,540 — YWCA Charleston
- $289,862 — Branches-Domestic Violence Shelter of Huntington
- $289,359 — Kanawha Valley Collective
- $267,769 — Roark-Sullivan Lifeway Center
- $186,230 — Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority
- $117,328 — Huntington City Mission and Emergency Shelter Rapid Rehousing Program
- $109,596 — Shenandoah Women’s Center dba Eastern Panhandle Empowerment Center
- $106,540 — North Central WV Community Action
- $105,000 — Prestera Center for Mental Health Services
- $73,364 — Southwestern Community Action Council