MORGANTOWN – Here is a sampling of bills introduced on Tuesday, Feb. 7. Local sponsors and co-sponsors, if any, are noted.
- HB 3307, to establish the West-Virginia Ireland Trade Commission; Delegate George Street, R-Preston, co-sponsor.
- HB 3309, to establish the Child Support from Conception Act, to include medical expenses associated with the pregnancy and birth of the child for a non-custodial parent as part of child support award; Delegate Danielle Walker, D-Monongalia, co-sponsor.
- HB 3320, to require that the Division of Corrections provide each probationer with physical copies of their birth certificate and Social Security Administration card upon release from a facility; Delegates Joey Garcia, D-Marion, Walker, Evan Hansen and John Williams, both D-Monongalia, co-sponsors.
- HCR 19, to declare the pepperoni roll as the official state food; Delegates Garcia, Buck Jennings, R-Preston, Phil Mallow, R-Marion, Joe Statler and Debbie Warner, D-Monongalia, and Williams, co-sponsors.
- SB 577, to reduce the copay cap on insulin and devices, and permitting testing equipment to be purchased without a prescription; Sen. Mike Maroney, R-Marshall, lead sponsor.
- SB 578, the Hunger-Free Campus Act, to require the Higher Education Policy Commission to establish a grant program to address food insecurity among students enrolled in public institutions of higher education; Sen. Mike Caputo, D-Marion, co-sponsor.
- SCR 9, to declare the Guyandotte River crayfish the official state crustacean.