Brightly wrapped barrels are appearing around town as the United Way’s Warm Hands Warm Hearts Community Outerwear Drive gets underway.
United Way is taking donations of new or gently worn children’s and adults’ winter coats, scarves, hats, mittens, gloves, boots and more now through Jan. 15, 2023.
There are several drop-off locations this year, including
- 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday at The Dominion Post
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday at Clear Mountain Bank Sabraton location
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday and Friday and 9 a.m.-
- 4 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday at Fairmont Federal Credit Union’s Pineview Drive and Westover locations
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday at Huntington Bank’s Cheat Lake, High Street and Suncrest locations
- 8:15 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Monday-Friday at the WVU College of Law
If you’re interested in doing a Warm Hands Warm Hearts collection at your business or are willing to place a barrel for public donations, email Engagement Manager Servando Arredondo at email@example.com.
All donations received during the outerwear drive will be distributed throughout Mon and Preston counties.
For more information about the Warm Hands Warm Hearts Community Outerwear Drive, contact the United Way at 304-296-7525.