Latest News

Fire at Kingwood Dollar General


KINGWOOD — Two fire departments were called out Thursday morning after a compressor caught fire in a freezer at the Kingwood Dollar General.

Kingwood and Albright volunteer fire departments responded to the 10:15 a.m. call to the store at 200 E. Main St.

KVFD Assistant Fire Chief Ethan Rouzee said everyone left the store safely.

Firefighters had to remove several storage carts from the stock room before they located the source of the fire, a compressor under a freezer in the stock room.

Three units and a half dozen firefighters from Kingwood VFD, one engine and three firefighters from Albright VFD and Terra Alta Ambulance were on the scene for about an hour.


This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

A fire was called out at the Dollar General in Kingwood, 200 E Main Street, after smoke was identified in a back room. The smoke appears to be coming from a cooler that caught fire.

Kingwood VFD and KAMP Ambulance are on scene. People are advised to avoid the store at this time.