CHARLESTON — In accordance with the most recent guidelines and best practices recommended by the CDC and West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources regarding COVID-19 and in the interest of social distancing, the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles is limiting the number of customers permitted in regional offices at the same time.
All offices will remain open and operational. However, each location will permit no more than 10-20 individuals inside their offices at any time.
DMV staff will intermittently wipe down counters and chairs.
The DMV reminds all West Virginians that most transactions can be done online or mailed in and do not require a trip to a regional office.
Online services include:
- Driver’s license renewal (if no changes, and every other cycle)
- Duplicate driver’s license request
- Vehicle registration renewals
- Duplicate vehicle registration decals and cards
- Print your driving record
- Check your driver’s license status
- A full list of online services may be found by going to dmv.wv.gov.
Additionally, you may contact the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles at 1-800-642-9066.
For more information about COVID-19 prevention and more, call the State’s toll-free hotline at 1-800-877-4304 or visit coronavirus.wv.gov.