MORGANTOWN — After University High School Athletic Hall of Fame was established in 2018, the Hawks are looking for its second class for 2019.
The University Athletic Hall of Fame Committee is now accepting nominations. Nomination forms can be found on the UHS website (https://boe.mono.k12.wv.us/3/home) under Athletics
An inductee must meet or exceed one or a combination of the following:
- Athletes must have attended UHS.
- All inductees must be of the highest moral and ethical character and must have brought positive recognition to himself/herself for UHS.
- Athletes will become eligible for induction into the UHS Athletic Hall of Fame 10 years after their high school class has graduated.
- Athletes’ post-secondary careers (both college and professional) may be used as criteria for consideration for their induction.
- Coaches, athletic directors, administrators and individuals who have contributed to the UHS athletic programs in an auxiliary capacity may be considered for induction.
Coaches, athletic directors and administrators will become eligible for induction into the UHS Athletic Hall of fame upon retirement.
Please include an additional one-page narrative documenting reasons your nominee should be considered for the UHS Athletic Hall of Fame. Please mail this form and your letter to: Jeffery Bailey, UHS Athletic Director, 131 Bakers Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV 26508.
Your sealed envelope should include the following:
- Nomination Form
- One-page narrative
- Nominator’s name, phone number, and e-mail for follow-up
Nominee’s phone number, e-mail, and address for potential contact