Created on: Monday, March, 2014 03 10:42 AM
Last modified: Monday, March, 2014 03 10:42 AM
Two killed in Preston County fire
EGLON — Two people died in a fire in Eglon Sunday, March 2. Aurora Fire Chief Mike Gallagher said the State Fire Marshal’s office is investigating and will release the names of the victims, both of whom were in their 80s.
Gallagher said the older, two-story wooden house was mostly destroyed by fire when firefighters arrived. Seven fire departments from three counties fought the blaze, dumping more than 50,000 gallons of water on the fire.
They were able to prevent the fire from spreading to nearby homes, Gallagher said.
A team of search dogs from Taylor County was called to help find the victim’s remains at the site.
Gallagher said, though the fire marsal will determine the cause, his suspicion is that the fire might be related to the heating system.
All rights reserved.
This material may not be broadcast or distributed, rewritten or published without explicit
permission from The West Virginia Newspaper Publishing Co.
TheDPost.com Comment Policy
TheDPost.com encourages readers to engage in conversations about site content. If you would like to comment, please abide by the follow guidelines:
· Stay on topic: Do not include comments about other subjects.
· Be civil: Challenge opinions but don’t personally attack or degrade others. No use of all-caps, bold or italics.
· Watch your language and image: No vulgarity, obscene or profane photos or language (actual or implied), including intentionally misspelling words, using characters or dashes.
· No frauds: Do not use the identity of a company or another person (living or dead).
· No free ads: Do not use comments to promote a business, money-making endeavor or individual promotion.
· Link limit: It is not permitted to excessively link to external sites.
TheDPost.com reserves the right to remove any comment deemed unacceptable or that fails to meet our commenting guidelines. The DPost.com also reserves the right to suspend or revoke commenting privileges should a user violate the commenting guidelines. A suspension or revocation of privileges could affect the commenting privileges of others in your household.
TheDPost.com takes seriously any attempts to threaten, harass or intimidate readers and employees, and will report such behavior to authorities.
There are currently no comments on this article.