Created on: Monday, December, 2015 28 4:25 PM
Last modified: Wednesday, December, 2015 30 12:02 AM
Preston sheriff seeks grant to fund cruiser cameras
KINGWOOD — The Preston County Sheriff’s Department is applying for a grant to put cameras in its cruisers.
“It’s real important to have both,” body and cruiser cameras, Sheriff Dan Loughrie said.
Utility Officer Rick Dotson, who is working on the grant for the department, told the county commission the $65,000 application is through Homeland Security. No local funds are required as a match.
The two systems would work together, so that anytime the cruiser cameras were activated, they would trigger all body cameras within a 30-foot radius to begin recording as well. Deputies have had body cameras for two years and are familiar with the company’s system, he said.
County commissioners voted Monday, Dec. 28, to sign the grant for submission.
All rights reserved.
This material may not be broadcast or distributed, rewritten or published without explicit
permission from The West Virginia Newspaper Publishing Co.
TheDPost.com Comment Policy
TheDPost.com encourages readers to engage in conversations about site content. If you would like to comment, please abide by the follow guidelines:
· Stay on topic: Do not include comments about other subjects.
· Be civil: Challenge opinions but don’t personally attack or degrade others. No use of all-caps, bold or italics.
· Watch your language and image: No vulgarity, obscene or profane photos or language (actual or implied), including intentionally misspelling words, using characters or dashes.
· No frauds: Do not use the identity of a company or another person (living or dead).
· No free ads: Do not use comments to promote a business, money-making endeavor or individual promotion.
· Link limit: It is not permitted to excessively link to external sites.
TheDPost.com reserves the right to remove any comment deemed unacceptable or that fails to meet our commenting guidelines. The DPost.com also reserves the right to suspend or revoke commenting privileges should a user violate the commenting guidelines. A suspension or revocation of privileges could affect the commenting privileges of others in your household.
TheDPost.com takes seriously any attempts to threaten, harass or intimidate readers and employees, and will report such behavior to authorities.
There are currently no comments on this article.