Created on: Monday, March, 2017 20 5:23 PM
Last modified: Monday, March, 2017 20 5:23 PM
Officials: Number of charges typical for holiday
The Dominion Post
MORGANTOWN — Local emergency officials say Morgantown St. Patrick’s Day activities were fairly typical.
Morgantown Police Chief Ed Preston said the department was busy, but for the most part officers handled alcohol-related activities and other minor offenses. One person was arrested for malicious assault for kicking and punching a defenseless person.
Some of the wrecks officers went to had injuries, but they also were not serious, Preston said.
Overall, according to department figures, there were 125 charges during the weekend. That included DUI arrests, underage consumptions, domestic disputes and other charges. The figures are not complete.
All rights reserved.
This material may not be broadcast or distributed, rewritten or published without explicit
permission from The West Virginia Newspaper Publishing Co.
TheDPost.com Comment Policy
TheDPost.com encourages readers to engage in conversations about site content. If you would like to comment, please abide by the follow guidelines:
· Stay on topic: Do not include comments about other subjects.
· Be civil: Challenge opinions but don’t personally attack or degrade others. No use of all-caps, bold or italics.
· Watch your language and image: No vulgarity, obscene or profane photos or language (actual or implied), including intentionally misspelling words, using characters or dashes.
· No frauds: Do not use the identity of a company or another person (living or dead).
· No free ads: Do not use comments to promote a business, money-making endeavor or individual promotion.
· Link limit: It is not permitted to excessively link to external sites.
TheDPost.com reserves the right to remove any comment deemed unacceptable or that fails to meet our commenting guidelines. The DPost.com also reserves the right to suspend or revoke commenting privileges should a user violate the commenting guidelines. A suspension or revocation of privileges could affect the commenting privileges of others in your household.
TheDPost.com takes seriously any attempts to threaten, harass or intimidate readers and employees, and will report such behavior to authorities.
There are currently no comments on this article.